cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

European Roaming networks

I'm going on a European cruise, want to take advantage of "Roam like at home" when in-port or near the coast, but do not want my phone to connect to the ship-board mobile network as it has extortionate charges.

The best way seems to be to turn auto network selection off and switch manually between networks.

Is there a list of European networks that BT Mobile works with, or do I just have to plod through each one until I get a connection that isn't denied?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: European Roaming networks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

That has the countries, but not the networks, which is what I need when selecting a network for the relevant location.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

At EU, I never bothered to choose a concrete network and keep it automatic...

Never had any problem, whilst it connects simply to the network, which handles my BT Like at home roaming correctly... And I travel a lot...

The only possibility when I might think about placing a manual network it's to be close to the border with the country, where BT Roaming Like Home is not available, or, in case of existing mobile network on ship/plane, this might come costly enough to avoid....

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@fruitmachine when we cruised Norway, I turned my data off on sea days and just left it as a phone only for emergencies and then turned data back on when we were in port... 

Make sure you enable Roaming in MyBT and add an additional spend limit of more £5 before you go. 

0 Ratings