cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

How to escalate a complaint about BT mobiles dismal customer service

I'm on holiday in Turkey and have inadvertently reached my data allowance cap (£200). I am unable to make or receive phone calls until after my next bill payment date (11 days' time). I have paid £200 into my account, to no avail. I have spoken to three people (using another person's phone)  - the first assured me the issue would be fixed within 24 hours (it wasn't), the second promised to investigate and call me back (he didn't), and the third has just informed me there is nothing they can do as the system is unable to reset or extend my data allowance cap. Unbelievable. The last person I spoke said she would register a complaint on my behalf, but I don't believe that either. Does anyone know how I can escalate a complaint, please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to escalate a complaint about BT mobiles dismal customer service

Can you temporarily increase the limit in MyBT? Although no idea if you can access that while abroad.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

No - the billing people insist that £200 is the upper limit and it can't be increased (despite my having paid them £200 ... ) I want to complain about the fact that (they maintain) their system is unable to increase the level, and also the way my issue has been so badly handled (and is unresolved ... )

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Using BT Mobile extensively in Turkey where there is no roaming package deal probably wasn’t the best holiday planning. In future it is worth investigating dual SIM phones or phones that work with an additional eSIM (eg iPhone) if you intend to make anything other than one or two emergency calls.

You can buy eSIMs directly from local operators from your handset in many countries. Another option is to use Skype credit and make calls from hotel WiFi.

in summary - don’t use BT mobile outside of Roam like Home or International Roaming add-on countries.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Many thanks - appreciate your input on what to do in the future and how to avoid the current issue recurring.

However, I still want to complain about the way my problem has been handled and not resolved by BT Mobile.

If anyone has any input on that I would be most grateful.

0 Ratings