cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

How to stop blocked numbers leaving voicemail

Please does anyone know how I can stop blocked numbers from leaving voicemail on my Motorola Moto (g7) power? My phone doesn't ring, I just get a text message from 1571 to say there is a new voicemail, and when I ring my voicemail I discover the nuisance number I blocked has somehow managed to still get through and leave a message. Turning voicemail off is not an option for me, as I have several very elderly friends who often ring me, and if I can't pick up straightaway they will leave a message. That way I know if they are just ringing because they have a few minutes to spare before their favourite TV programme starts, or if they have fallen and need assistance, or some other important reason. I also don't want to have to wade through several nuisance messages on my voicemail to get to the important ones! I've tried a couple of apps, but they were useless. Changing my number isn't really an option either. I would be very grateful for any help and advice!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to stop blocked numbers leaving voicemail

Blocking calls on mobiles just masks the call coming to the handset, it doesn't block it at network level. It's a software block rather than a hardware block, so unless I'm mistaken, there's nothing that you can do. 

If you find an alternative answer, please post back here cos they get on my nerves as well.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to stop blocked numbers leaving voicemail

It seems to be a huge problem, so I'm very surprised that the phone providers don't have a solution, and also that no one has yet produced (afaik) an app that will solve the problem here in the UK. There is at least one app (Youmail voicemail call blocker) in the US that claims to block unwanted calls from leaving voicemail, but unfortunately it doesn't work over here.☹️

0 Ratings