cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

I wonder if BT know the absurdity of their website?

So my phone was taken from me at knife point in Asia.  The most valuable thing would be taking the SIM card and using it in another phone as I logged into my laptop and blocked the phone.  But despite having my account details, etc. etc. there is no way of actually blocking the SIM and IMEI without phoning BT in the UK.

Really, BT didn't think about the use case of phone stolen and no phone to call on.  What a joke.  They're just not setup for international travellers.  They have no chat, no email address, nothing.

They've gone from being a premium service company to giffgaff with only a community support service.

On my return, I will migrate.  They have no idea, my advice to the community is don't use BT if you travel aboard, they only have UK numbers if you need help.  I tried ordering a new SIM because lost of stolen it says please call.#

The only thing I was able to do was reduce my spending to 0 and block international usage, but really I want to block the IMEI as well.

A terrible experiene in a time of need

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: I wonder if BT know the absurdity of their website?

I had the same issue, luckily what caused it was minor compared to what you went through. Roaming package at £6 a day for Thailand. Stopped working after 3 days, texts of Start, 500 didn’t work. Had to resort to phone call, because no email, or text facility available. Stupidly didn’t realise the call is charged  too ask someone to look into it, message while waiting telling all about how wonderful BT, first call 12mins told there’s nothing wrong all in place ignore the cap message saying I’m near my limit. (£49.99). Still not working after internal flight. Turned roaming off, phone call again advised to type Start (16mins) text message we’re working on it. Never worked.

Bill was £125 roaming and £73 in call charges.

Cant even have a web chat on WiFi.