cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Mobile Network

That's expected, it's just a way to clear the current connection before you switch it back to BT.

If there's an EE fault then you're a bit stuck until they fix it. Unfortunately BT have no status checker of their own & EE will only allow you to register for updates with an EE number. Had this recently in my area where EE said they were working on an issue & it would be fixed in 16 hours. It took nearly a week & EE's twitter staff again refuse to entertain queries from other than EE account holders. Having said that, 14 days seems very unlikely for a fault not to be repaired unless it's a catastrophic failure like total destruction of the mast.

Do have have the same issue if you move away from your local transmitter? It might be worthwhile picking up a cheap ASDA SIM or similar locally just to confirm it's not the phone. Here's a list of MVNOs, just choose one that doesn't also use EE & has reported good coverage in your area.

Might also be worth a post on your local Facebook group to see if anyone else is affected.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Seriously,  THANK YOU for this advice. You've given me things that I knew nothing about. I'll let you know how I get on.

Watch this space.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

@rbz5416 

"Having said that, 14 days seems very unlikely for a fault not to be repaired unless it's a catastrophic failure like total destruction of the mast."

A few years ago, I had no BT Mobile service at home for about four months. Two EE masts cover my area, and both of them were fed by microwave links. It appears that in both cases tree growth blocked the microwave links, so whilst I had a good signal strength on my phone, there was no connection between either mast and the core network. The phone I had then didn't support WiFi Calling.

It took four months for the problem to be diagnosed and rectified - though I did get full refunds of my monthly payments at the time!

0 Ratings