cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 57

Re: Mobile data usage

I can't download anything on Mobile Data until my data cycle starts on the 14th.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 57

No - WRT data use they didn't suggest anything specific . My phone is a Samsung Galaxy - my wife and two daughters also use Samsung and they have never had a problem. I think I read elsewhere that this has happened to Apple and other manufacturers phones. The only common factor seems to be BT Mobile/EE :-(.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 57

My is Samsung galaxy too, I think after reading your story which is awful as you've incurred charges I am definitely going to raise a complaint or I may contact a colleague who is still at BT and get email address of who heads up BT Mobile and email them directly, may even copy in the Chairman for good measure 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 57

BT are lying.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 57

• I'm inclined to agree with you.
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 57

Re: BT Mobile data usage

To add, I have not installed YouTube on my new phone. It would be interesting if this happens again and I’m told it is YouTube. So far so good it seems …but we’re vulnerable.  BT EE or any mobile operator can say what they want re data usage and we have no come back.  I had a friend in the media, I’ll make contact and see if he can ‘publicise’.  Otherwise (effectively) BT EE have a blank cheque.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 57

I have disabled YouTube on my phone as not sure how to uninstall. That said it's been disabled since June and it didn't stop the data on 1st/2nd Sept.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 57

After two complaints and another 40 minutes on the phone, BT finally credited my account with £70. They continued to insist that the reported data usage was correct and they were not interested in me providing any photographic evidence to back up my assertion that mobile data and phone usage data over the time in question had been incorrectly reported.
I will still be £30 out of pocket but the only alternative was pay £100 and take it to the ombudsman, so with no guarantee that I would get any joy in short order, I decided to accept the offer of a partial payment and have done. The agent I spoke to refused to comment when I asked if he was aware of similar issues affecting other customers but I got the distinct feeling that they are aware of this issue but refuse to look into it. If there is a bug in the system I suppose it might be affecting many users who don’t check their data usage. I only looked into this because I incurred excess charges. Hopefully my new EE service will behave better… leaving mobile data off unless I need to use it from now on.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 57

Good to hear.  
Maybe it is time the ombudsman was made aware.  They just may begin to join the dots because this could be wide scale fraud or hacking that needs to be publicised.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 57

I am inclined to agree, this has now happened to me 3 times and  I get nowhere with the BT Mobile team. I've asked a former colleague to provide me with the email address of who heads up BT Mobile, I've kept all the details of the text messages I have received from BT and dates of when I have called them. I intend to send a concise email highlighting the whole issue and will ask that they look on the Community Forum to verify that I am not a one off case. I want some answers and will not be fobbed off with it was "You Tube" usage as the incident on 1st/2nd August the You Tube was disabled (had been since the June incident) and have screen shots showing the App was in " deep sleeping" mode as I had not used it for so long so doesn't match the claim that I had used nearly 5GB.  I am happy to share the email address when I get it as I think bombarding them, may make them take some action.

0 Ratings