cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Mobile states connected to WiFi but many pages won’t loading

On you iPhone under settings, against Wi-Fi what does it say you are connected to? If it is BT Wi-Fi you need to select Wi-Fi and look for the SSID (name) that your home hub broadcasts on. That is the one to connect. Details will be on the hub somewhere. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Yes it is connecting direct to my WiFi hub and not just “BT WiFi” & despite resetting router it still only a problem on iPhone.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

your iphone should be connecting to BTWIFI-X which is also broadcast by your hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Should be connecting to BT Wi-Fi x? Sorry you’ve lost me there.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

@Lizzygegewrote:

Yes it is connecting direct to my WiFi hub and not just “BT WiFi” & despite resetting router it still only a problem on iPhone.

what model iPhone and which version of iOS please. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

@stevebrass wrote:

have you never looked at the wifi options being broadcast by your hub  BTWIFI -X has been available for years and intended for iphone users

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

@imjollywrote:

@stevebrasswrote:

have you never looked at the wifi options being broadcast by your hub  BTWIFI -X has been available for years and intended for iphone users

Thanks - I never knew that! I don't currently use a BT hub, but when I did I connected all my devices to the Hub SSID. I thought (wrongly then) that BT Wifi x was for connecting to BT hot spots.

You live and learn eh?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

iPhone 6s & iOS 15.5

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

What would my username & password be on BT WiFi x?
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

I have a Smarthub and occasionally my Android phone connects to the BT Wi-Fi ssid rather than my own ssid resulting in similar problems to you.

The BT router provides two wireless ssids. The generic BTWifi is for other BT customers to get a free Wi-Fi ride. You might want to use the facility when you are away from home but you don’t want to be using it when you are at home.

You want to be connecting to the ssid that is written on the back of the hub when you are at home. 

0 Ratings