cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Overlapping contracts. BT BB/TV ends Jan, new EE will be 2 years.

Go to solution

If I take out a discounted offer on EE Mobile PAYG sim, what will happen to that contract when my BT TV/Broadband contract is up.

That is, the offer for EE depends on a BT broadband/TV package (?). That BT contract ends Jan and I will go for the cheapest FTH option which will probably mean I switch providers.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Overlapping contracts. BT BB/TV ends Jan, new EE will be 2 years.

Go to solution

I asked about taking an EE SIM only deal recently. Our BT Broadband/TV contract ends next April. I was told that as an existing BT broadband customer I could take out a discounted deal with EE mobile, but I was not required to keep the broadband with BT when that contract was up.  

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Other way around for me I think.

Not worried about the BT BB/TV, it is what happens to the EE Sim only contract if I leave BT BB/TV.

e.g. BT ends Jan 2024, if I took an EE contract today, due to end Jul 2025, from Jan '24 to Jul '25 no BT contract that qualified for the discount (and being a new customer).

I have no loyalty anymore so chase BB/TV prices.

(on an O2 network at the mo and not happy with it, 24mths tied in grates but poor network tipping me over.)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

No, we’re talking about the same thing. My understanding from what I was told is that you need to be an EXISTING BT Broadband customer to qualify for the discounted deal on the EE SIM only deal, but you don’t need to keep the broadband when the contract ends, but you keep the discount on the EE SIM deal.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

OK, me misreading.

Like to see the B+W but it is not obvious.

Will keep looking and make some calls today.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @400 welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, the terms and conditions of the 30% discount and double data offer are on this page. They do say that 'If you are no longer an eligible EE or BT customer, the discount and double data will be removed'.

Thanks

Neil

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO, I was given incorrect information on live chat last week it appears.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Funnily enough I just found that, for some reason didn't look at that.

And thank you.

Q answered.

Need a new plan. Back to the drawing board.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Brucemeister5 I'm really sorry about that, did the chat advisor place the order also or was it an inquiry before ordering? I believe this should be explained as part of the online order journey.

@400 no problem, I'm glad I was able to help you find the answer.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@NeilO I didn’t place an order, it was just an inquiry to see whether moving to EE would be dependent upon still having BT Broadband to qualify for the discount. I spoke to someone in mobile retentions on Friday, and as our broadband contract is up next April, we are going to remain out of contract with BT Mobile until we decide what to do about our broadband when the contract is up. 

0 Ratings