cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Poor mobile signal at work

Les Gibson, no landline , broadband or wifi.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Is there no mobile coverage on any network or just on BT/EE?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

@nilocpwrote:

Les Gibson, no landline , broadband or wifi.

In which case I would say that your only option is to ask your employer for a sheltered area outside the industrial unit on some pretext, e.g. a smokers shelter

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

RBZ my contract is with bt, home, broadband and2 mobiles, so I have no ideas about other networks. Reasonably signal outside, poor inside, that is why I was looking at boosters.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Les, I am the employer!. I miss too many calls because of the poor signal and data is non existent inside.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Have a look at the Ofcom checker for indoor coverage. If another network is better then pick up a PAYG SIM to try. If that works it's probably more economical to switch networks than mess around with dodgy boosters. Or if your phone supports dual SIM, divert all calls to the second SIM while at work.

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

In which case I'm surprised you do any business without any broadband or landline. Bite the bullet and get broadband installed, yes it's a cost on the business but having poor or no Comms must surely be a bigger cost

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 18 of 18

I'm inclined to agree with @Les-Gibson, you don't have many options available to you... 

Signal booster looks quite expensive and there's no guarantee that they'll work. If you have a Wi-Fi Calling compatible handset depending on the size if the unit broadband boosters for Wi-Fi are available (BT call it 'Complete Wifi') might be your best option.

You can check coverage for other networks and see if they can offer you better indoor coverage. Vodafone has typically, where EE have struggled indoors, been a little bit better but if you're in a steel/corrugated unit then you might not have much luck with any network but it's worth a try!

Many phones are dual SIM, you can have 2 lines active so if line 1 is unavailable then you can divert it to line 2.

Good luck!