cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Sell phone

Hello 

I'm currently in contract with BT on my mobile phone but have recently bought a new phone. I was wondering what the rules are for selling on the old phone (which is currently within the 24 month contract)

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sell phone

As the IMEI is registered to your account, I cannot see how you could sell the phone, especially if you are still paying for it, assuming its not a SIM free one, and you are on a SIM only contract.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Rjf87 

Here is an extract from your terms and conditions but it may be worth confirming it with BT.

Do I own the Equipment or the SIM Card?

If we provide you with Equipment (for example a mobile phone handset) to use with the Service, you won’t own it until you've paid your first six complete monthly bills for the BT Mobile Handset Plan in full.

Until you own the Equipment, you must keep it safe and in good working condition and you mustn't give it or sell it to anyone else during this time.

If you cancel this Agreement during your Cooling Off Period, you'll need to return to us any Equipment that you've received.

If you fail to return the Equipment or return it damaged then we may charge you the full original value of that Equipment.

The SIM Card will always be owned by us.

Message 4 of 6

That's on par with what I found by googling the answer. Would appreciate a BT moderator to confirm 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Rjf87 this is an extract from the BT mobile terms

Until you've paid your first six complete monthly bills for the BT Mobile Handset Plan in full, the Equipment will always be owned by us unless we tell you otherwise. During this time:

1. (a) you'll look after the Equipment with reasonable care, keep it in good working order and won't damage or destroy it. If the Equipment is damaged other than through fair wear and tear, you'll have to pay for it to be repaired or replaced;
  2. (b) you'll only download software applications and other programmes from approved third parties,
  3. (c) you'll not alter, remove or replace any parts in the Equipment unless we ask you to (for example, if we're helping you to fix a problem); and
  4. (d) you must not permanently give, lease or sell the Equipment to anyone else unless we agree that you can.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings