cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Single PAC for 2 numbers

I have 2 mobile numbers as part of a family account and am in process of transferring to Vodafone. I have requested a PAC code and have been issued a single PAC for both numbers. I have successfully transferred one mobile number from BT to Vodafone using the PAC code provided but Vodafone are insisting that they cannot use the same PAC for different numbers. They advised I need to go back to BT and ask for a different PAC which I have done, only to be advised by BT that they only issue a single PAC as my numbers were part of a Family account and that Vodafone should still be able to use the same PAC.  I’m not the expert here. Just need some advice on what needs to be done 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Single PAC for 2 numbers

You will only get 1 PAC for each number. You need to phone CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

That’s the issue. BT are only issuing me one single PAC for both numbers. I’ve been though this 3 times with 3 different people at BT. Each time they refer to their “porting” team who advise they will generate a PAC and send within 24 hours and each time what I get sent is the same PAC as the one I’ve already used on my first mobile number 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi @mart1nlo if you text the word PAC to 65075 you will get a text back with your PAC code. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

When I ported from BT Mobile to Sky I got 1 PAC code for 4 sims and they moved without issue, but only because I rang them and gave the single PAC code and the 4 numbers to transfer.

I couldn’t order new sims online because I only had one code. Have you spoken to Vodafone to see if they can use the one code because my understanding is that BT and EE only issue 1 PAC code per account and have done for years?

There are a few other threads on the forum relating to this going back years, here is an example from 2015: Single PAC code for multiple numbers 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Yes I spoke to Vodafone. The grumpy chap was insistent you can only have 1 PAC per mobile line. I did push him to speak to his porting team who advised you could use 1 PAC for 2 numbers but then he tried to set up for me then told me it doesn’t work so I needed to go back to BT and ask for another PAC.  I have seen many different posts on this topic with contradicting responses but given you have actually ported 4 numbers with a single PAC it clearly is possible. Just so draining going through the whole process having to wait on a phone queue and then having to re-explain the whole situation again. I have asked BT if they can issue a different PAC. If not I’ll try Vodafone again 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@mart1nlo have you tried the online route using this link 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/my-vodafone-account/keep-my-number 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@mart1nlowrote:

Yes I spoke to Vodafone. The grumpy chap was insistent you can only have 1 PAC per mobile line. I did push him to speak to his porting team who advised you could use 1 PAC for 2 numbers but then he tried to set up for me then told me it doesn’t work so I needed to go back to BT and ask for another PAC.  I have seen many different posts on this topic with contradicting responses but given you have actually ported 4 numbers with a single PAC it clearly is possible. Just so draining going through the whole process having to wait on a phone queue and then having to re-explain the whole situation again. I have asked BT if they can issue a different PAC. If not I’ll try Vodafone again 

I'm certain it was one PAC code for all but it was a while ago, so it could have been 2 I suppose, but a code definitely covered more than one number.

Good luck! 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I've just spent half a day fighting with BT and  Vodafone on this subject and think I have some answers directly from the tech teams:

The transfers team confirmed that one PAC code can be used for the transfer of up to 25 numbers "unless the number in question is not a primary number". I have no idea what a primary number is but the solution in this case was to call BT support and speak to the retentions team who then agreed to generate individual PAC codes for each of the numbers.

Hope this saves someone else some frustration !

Message 10 of 10

Same as PaulRComm

Once through to advice teams request to speak to the Retention Team, requesting a PAC for each mobile. Don't bother going into too much detail with the advice staff, it's the Retention Team you need. 

0 Ratings