cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 16

Switching from BT mobile to EE

Hi I was upgrading my broadband Thursday this week & the advisor said they were doing away with the mobile deal I had & I could either switch to a better deal with EE 20GB for £9 I was paying £9 for 4 GB or go down to less GB I decided to switch to EE it seems like a good deal sim only. I told he I wanted to keep my old number & she said she would use the pac code when she placed the order so all I had to do was put the SIM card in when it arrived & everything would work as normal. I took my old SIM card out as the card arrived quicker than expected placed the EE SIM card in switched my phone on & off & welcome to EE came up but I’ve now got a new number my old number hasn’t ported over as she said it would. There was a pac code in the email I received from BT saying sorry your leaving give this to your service provider I’ve tried to fill a form in on the EE website but it says the pac code is wrong it should start with A & not BT what should I do will my number change over 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16

Re: New EE Simcard but existing number not transferred.

I was talked into switching to EE Thursday 1st March 2024 the BT advisor said she would use the pac code when she ordered the SIM card to port my old number over & when the SIM card arrived just put it in my phone & it would be ready to go … no it’s not & its not ported over today I did everything the instructions said turned phone on & off made a all to my own landline sent a text still nothing. I went to fill the form into keep my number & the pac code I received in my email is no use either how did you  resolve it?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Re: Switching from BT mobile to EE

Numbers won't port on a weekend so but the original SIM back & see what happens on Monday. If it stops working then switch SIMs, if it doesn't then call EE.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Hi @DAWNMS and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your mobile. Since you've moved to EE your best bet would be to check out the EE community at Switching from BT to EE keeping same number - The EE Community where you'll find lots of help and advice.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

@DavidM 

@DAWNMSalready has a thread on this.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Thanks @rbz5416 

I've merged the threads now.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Thanks David I already did they said if the portation was requested on Thursday it should transfer Friday the advisor said she would request the portation when she ordered the SIM card Thursday  & as soon as it arrives to put it in my phone & it should all be working that’s why I put the SIM card in yesterday. I didn’t expect it to arrive that quickly. I might give EE a call just to make sure she requested the portation 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

I contacted EE they then sent me a text to reply to & I have had to send them the PAC code & the number I want transferring. I was advised wrongly that it would automatically transfer over - the advisor can’t have used the pac code otherwise it would have gone through Friday 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

The pacs take 1-2 working days to complete once conected to network. If EE sim was switched on on thursday (before evening) it'd have switched, if after it'll be monday at earliest

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

@DAWNMS 

That sound like a similar experience to my own, I signed up with two phones in-store with EE on the Thursday, one went live the following day, the other late on Sunday night, why the difference I don't know.

I experienced number porting problems with both phones and had to make several calls to customer services to get them sorted, the good thing was that the customer services experience with EE is much better than with BT - EE will ring you back rather than keep you on-hold for the best part of 40 minutes.

As an aside, I was told only the first number could have the 20GB deal, so I settled for a smaller allowance for the other, I then checked online and found that the first number only had an allowance of 10GB and that double data had not been applied - another call to CS fixed that in a jiffy.