cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Timeline for cancelling sim and using PAC

I have two BT sims on my account and when the contact is up in May I wish to cancel one of those sims and port that number without interruption to a sim I've already got in use with O2 (just for info because I travel to the the EU fairly often and will lose free roaming on the BT sim at some time soon).

Question is, if I use the PAC now does it automatically begin the process to cancel the contract on that number, or will the number get moved to my O2 sim and the BT sim get another number until I cancel it?

Or to put it another way, as the BT sim contract is up on May 15th when should I use the PAC? I don't want to pay any extra on the BT sim I'm cancelling for not giving enough notice or risk the number getting lost or being out of service for any time.

I believe I have to ring up for the PAC anyway as two sims on my account, but just want to be clear I do things at the right time.

Many thanks for any advice.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Timeline for cancelling sim and using PAC

Once you give the PAC number to O2 the swap will normally happen within a couple of days. The old SIM will then be dead, so the best time to do it would be the day after the contract ends. Although there's no current reason to believe that BT will implement roaming charges, or that O2 won't.

You can get a PAC by texting 65075 from the number you wish to transfer. You don't need to call.

0 Ratings