cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

Transfer to EE mobile

Go to solution

HI,I have a year on my BT mobile contract, can I swap to EE mobile to benifit from a good deal?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Transfer to EE mobile

Go to solution

Yes.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Don't do it if you are ever thinking of taking your phone abroad - even in the EU.

I unfortunately was duped with a good reduced monthly deal but sadly I didn't ask all the questions.

I wondered why the price was so cheap but EE charge £2.99 per day when in the EU which wipes out any advantage.

The cynic in me would say that they (BT/EE) want as many people on new contracts as they can.

Although in my mind it was sold to me as a like for like, contractually it was my mistake - I was stupid to not ask all the questions.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

There’s a roam abroad EE add on available for £15pm which would work out to be better value if you’re going to be away for a week or more.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

I always find it interesting to read posts where people point out the cost of roaming as a reason to not migrate to EE.

So I was a BT Mobile customer back in the early days. Worked fine in the UK, very basic option which covered UK usage. Was disappointed when realised there were no bolt ons to call abroad. 

Then went abroad, in the EU it was fine. Outside the EU it was horrific. A few seconds in Dubai (looking for the switch data roaming off toggle) cost £20 odd quid. It was about £5 per meg outside Europe. Don't know if that's changed. 

Moving to EE however, I have access to the bolt ons (so albeit its jumped to £15, it gives you access in the EU and some other countries - e.g. I used it in the States last summer and enjoyed 5G on AT&T).

So it's a balance, if you're abroad using it in the EU pretty much all the time (as some of the people saying don't move must be) then obviously stay where you are. 

If the benefits and cost savings across the year mean you don't mind bolting on a £15 package to roam with no additional charges then absolutely look into it.

Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks - that would make it a lot cheaper but I'm still within the 14 days cooling off period so, I'll be off to 02 or Virgin who seem to still have zero roaming charges.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks - indeed, I've just realised from an earlier post about the bolt-on.

I frequently travel within the EU and even at £15 there are better deals. To be honest, I find the manner in how I was persuaded to change from BT to EE pretty rotten - hardly treating customers fairly. I'm off (to another network) to lick my wounds.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Hi,

I agree,

if you want features….., such as - e-sim, Visual VoiceMail & share data - then moving to EE offers this.

However, when I looked to move from BT; they were still offering 12month contacts….

But, what I did not like, ( and BT dont mention when calling BT to move to EE ) is that the ‘essential plan’ is ‘speed capped’ ! Plus, lose BT Sport Plus, I am on a 40gig plan that BT/EE could not match for price - then finally; no ‘mobile data unlimited if router fails or roaming with EE ( without roaming bolt-on )….

I shall stay with BT Mobile ( out of contract ) until they force a move & then look around…..  

Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

@clever_trevor I'm on an essential plan, the cheapest, and it's not speed capped.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

I believe that the No Frills EE plan is actually the cheapest. Essentials Plans are normally capped at 100 Mbps unless you’re on an Essentials Unlimited Max plan. We’re going to stick with BT Mobile until they kick us off, and will then study what’s being offered very carefully before deciding where to move to.