cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Transferring from a BT sim to EE

Go to solution

I've recently been transferred from a BT only sim plan to EE sim only plan. The BT support guy said to just put the new sim card in my phone and it would reset to my original BT number overnight. Well it's been nearly 24 hours and it's still the same EE number.

Does anyone know how long it takes to reset the phone number?

Thanks for reading 🙂

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Transferring from a BT sim to EE

Go to solution
I believe the EE sims need some kind of network activity to activate i.e. make a call or send a text. This should then also start the process of porting your number. Normally happens next working day if put into motion before 5/6pm, but if after that would be 2 working days so may be happening tomorrow.
Have you check on your online account for BT or EE to see if there’s a notification of it going through?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

It took a couple of days for mine to port over once I'd entered the PAC code into the EE website.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi there, 

Did you get a PAC code from BT Mobile and give it to EE as part of the order journey? 

If so, then once you've made an activity on the new EE sim, it should trigger the port. These usually take one working day. 

If you've not, then the PAC code can be entered on the EE website at any time to transfer the number across.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
My number finally ported over. It must have been some time last night. It took about 36 hours. I did send a text yesterday morning so maybe that started the process. Anyway I have my son's phone to do now so will see what happens.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I wanted to change my broadband package and the operator I dealt with said he's port me over to EE mobile at the same time. as all BT Mobile customers are having to move to EE. I want to keep my old number, and he said that would happen automatically. Despite this, I received  a boiler-plate email with  a PAC code anyway.

SIM arrived this morning and it works (with a new number). 

Do I have to enter the PAC code or do I  just have to wait ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

You just have to wait. It took 36 hours for one my sim cards to automatically change over and about 4 days for the other sim (maybe they don't change numbers over a weekend???)

I did try sending a text on both sim cards but it didn't make a difference to the time it took.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

thanks for the reply. You'd think they might have pointed this out in the bumf that came with the SIM card ☹️.

I'll wait.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
I recently changed over to EE as well.
I rang EE customer services, The advisor checked my account and said that my number would port over the next day.
My number transferred over at 7am the next morning.
I would definitely ring to make sure the transfer is planned for tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

thanks - I'll do that.

0 Ratings