cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Using BT Mobile in USA

Hello, I’m hoping someone might be able to help me please. I’m going to the USA soon for 10 days and was just wanting to make sure I’m all set up using my mobile phone there. I don’t expect to be using it constantly but there are a few occasions when I will need to, to download tickets etc. I was about to get the EE Roam Abroad Pass for a month to cover the visit, but on logging in to MyBT Account it’s looking as though I don’t need a Roam Abroad Pass after all, does that sound right? My handset is a Ulefone Note 9P which suggests it should work on the 4G bands in use in the USA. It uses a BT SIM card although the network provider is EE. Looking through the MyBT account options, the Roam Like Home option doesn’t extend to the USA, but the EE Roam Abroad Pass isn't an option to select. Do I need something else?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Using BT Mobile in USA

is your mobile contract with EE or BT  they are different independent companies and have different mobile terms

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi, I pay the charges to BT, it all gets rolled together with landline, Broadband and TV package. The SIM card is branded as BT, but the network provider is EE.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

There appears to be a BT add on. https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/going-abroad/buying-mobile-data-add-ons-to-use-abroad/bt-mobile-trave...

Seems expensive

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 7

BT operate as an MVNO over EE so you're a BT Mobile customer and you'll need to buy add ons from BT and not EE as they're two different companies. In the same way that Sky operate as an MVNO over O2's network 

Message 6 of 7

Thanks for your help, really appreciated. I'll look into the add on.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for your help on this, really appreciated.