I received my BT Fibre and TV box yesterday - all worked fine for a few hours and then the subscription channels suddenly dropped. Whenever I try to watch the BT or Sky Sports channels on either SD or HD I get the IPC6023 error. After spending a couple of hours reading the related threads on this, I have tried the below multiple times without success. Does anyone have any other suggestions or next steps please?
- Factory Reset of the TV Box
- Multiple Router Resets
- Tried both a wired and wireless connection
- Checked my speed - have 50+ mbps
- Tried SD Channels
Solved! Go to Solution.
Power cycle the ONT, leave it off for between 30 -60 seconds before restoring power
Thank you for the rapid response Les, much appreciated.
I've just searched high and low for an ONT but I cannot find one (we have just moved in). There is something on the wall that looks like it could maybe a NID, with the speeds we are getting (62 MBPS Down, 18 Up) I think this could still be copper as opposed to fibre? (Apologies if I am hilariously wrong here!)
I'm guessing the best next step would be to give BT a call, sounds like it may need an engineer?
Sorry, a bit of an assumption on my part there.
Your connection will most likely either be FTTC in which case your hub will connect to your normal telephone socket or FTTP in which case the fibre terminates in a larger box called an ONT in your house, given the speeds you quote it's not likely to be FTTP.
The measures you have already taken usually remedy the problem, check which version of Halo you're on, you may be entitled to a number of free engineer visits
No problem - this is fixed now - sharing the solution here, just in case useful to any future Googlers 🙂
The router was set to FTTP, changing port 4 to FTTC via logging on as admin resolved the issue.
Similar situation. Received my Smart Hub 2 to yesterday (existing BT customer). Everything was set-up with no issues regarding WiFi. Tried to watch the football this evening and I got the error message. Ended-up simple disconnecting my Hub’s and TV box’s power and then restarting them, which thankfully did the job.