cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 43

Re: bt sport not working outside the uk.

Hi Darren any update on the solution to fix
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 43

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
Your IP address is recognised as being in the UK, but has specifically been blacklisted as being a VPN or proxy. This has complicated the process, as we're now needing to get it revalidated before it can be opened up. The only thing I can see running on your IP address is a CCTV camera so I'm sure it'll pass OK, but it can take a while.
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 43

Yeah it’s a cctv camera with a static address provided by a company called Prine Security based on Coventry Uk.   I asked them already would this affect my BT sport. They said no because it’s a static address Uk one and need to have it otherwise cameras won’t work propped. 

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 43

OK. It's possible the previous owner of that IP was using it for something else. How long have you had it?
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 43

About a year now 

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 43

@Hameed1 a temporary exemption was put in place last night to allow you to use BT Sport whilst the issue is fully investigated.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 43

Hello Darren

thank you for the assistance really appreciate it 

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 43

im in UK and having the exact same issue tonight.

But bizarrely if I watch on enhanced video (where available) it works.

was watching the man utd game when it stopped at about 8.15, then would not work on the non enhanced video but I only sussed that out at about 9.30.

Your ridiculous fixes or whatever BT are trying to achieve are really tedious when I am actually in the UK.and it all stops for no reason with code LP205 - what a pain in the **bleep** its being tonight !!

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 43

Hi @adeace,

I am sorry that it wouldn't work for you in standard but it worked great when you chose our enhanced stream.

One of the causes of this can be a VPN. If you have one on, please turn it off, close the stream and log out of BT Sport. Afterwards, log back in and it should come back up.

Thanks,

DanielS 

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 43

I was not using a vpn. however it was on link broadband and when I went to whatismyip.com the location just showed up as "," is this the issue if so how do I get the IP to show up as my correct location ? 

Now I am back at my main home and when I go to whatismyip.com it shows up as Hull, United Kingdom.

Any suggestions ?

0 Ratings