Re: BT is blocking my website

What are you seeing? I can get there fine from BT

Steve

Message 22 of 28

Thanks Steve_M
Message 23 of 28

Thank you for checking. Screenshot below.

54a6549f-528f-4f7d-8272-42670ab15096.jfif

Message 24 of 28

Oh, that's different to this thread - we were seeing failures to resolve DNS.

What browser and version number is that?

Steve

Message 25 of 28

Thank you so much Steve

Message 26 of 28

Hi Astron,

It looks like you're having trouble connecting to the site because of a mismatch between the security settings on your browser and the server. However, I’ve been able to connect without issues, which suggests that the problem may be related to your specific browser or device settings. Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue:

1. Update your browser: Make sure you're using the latest version of your browser. Older versions might not support the most secure protocols or cipher suites that the site requires.

2. Clear your browser cache: Sometimes, cached data can cause connection problems, especially after a site’s security settings have been updated.

3. Try a different browser: Switching to a different browser (like Chrome, Firefox, or Edge) can help pinpoint if the issue is browser-specific.

4. Check your device's date and time settings: If your device’s system clock is off, it can cause SSL issues, as certificates depend on correct time settings.

5. Disable antivirus or firewall temporarily: Some antivirus or firewall settings might interfere with SSL connections. Temporarily disabling them (for testing purposes) could help determine if they are the cause. remember to turn it back on!

If none of these steps work, it’s possible that your system or network might be using older security settings that aren’t compatible with the website’s current configuration. You might want to check if your operating system and network security settings are up to date

Hope this helps, 🙂

Message 27 of 28

Thanks @Steve_M  and @dride .

It's chrome 129 on macOS. 

Doesn't work on other browsers or devices, so not sure the issue is related to either.

Possibly a DNS caching issue? Have restarted the router, but no joy.

Message 28 of 28

It's definitely not DNS or routing - you are getting to the site fine, just unable to agree on an SSL cipher.

Have you tried the advice of @dride ? Is anyone else you know able to deplicate?

Steve