cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Sockets not working

I moved into a new build home recently but none of the telephone sockets around the house work. The main line coming in through the EchoLife HG8110H-20 box on the wall is fine though the LOS light is out - I’m not sure what that means.

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions that may help please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sockets not working

you need a phone/broadband contract with an ISP before you will have an active phone line. If you intend to use BT RETAIL then phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for responding, I should have said I do already have a contract. My phone only works when plugged directly into the huawei box - all other sockets are lifeless.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

LOS , loss of service, so you don’t want that lit.
If the developer has installed sockets around the property , then you really would need to speak to them , some only connect them up if you pay for that as an extra.
Are sure they are not RJ45 sockets ( Ethernet ) rather than RJ11 telephony sockets ?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your help - and for letting me know what LOS means! I’ll follow up with the builders as they are definitely telephone sockets.

0 Ratings