cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Telephone kiosk

Our local parish council has bought the red telephone kiosk does anyone know whether we need to check the electrics before we make it into a community information point/book exchange.  If we do need to check how do we do it? Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Telephone kiosk

@jennifer298green wrote:

Our local parish council has bought the red telephone kiosk does anyone know whether we need to check the electrics before we make it into a community information point/book exchange.  If we do need to check how do we do it? Thanks

Only if its still connected to the mains. I would expect that if its been sold, the mains supply would have been disconnected, as BT would not want to be paying the bill.

If mains was still connected, then a qualified electrician would need to do a safety inspection.

Message 3 of 11

Hi @jennifer298green Thanks for the post, I'd recommend you check the relevant agreement of sale link on this page as that specifies what you need to do with regards to the electrics in the telephone box.

I hope that helps?

Thanks

Neil

Message 4 of 11

Thanks, the light still comes on so I guess it’s connected somewhere. Thanks

Message 5 of 11

Thanks I will check it out

Message 6 of 11

deleted

Message 7 of 11

@jennifer298green  see the advice by @NeilO , as that is comprehensive.

Message 8 of 11

Have checked with the parish council clerk and light is still working, the PC not paying the bill so BT must still be paying. The phone has been taken out.

Message 9 of 11

The notes seen to indicate you can keep the power for free.

"If you’re successful

4.  We’ll disconnect the phone in the box and take it away.

5. If there’s a power connection to the box, you can keep that going for free or take it over yourself."

Message 10 of 11

The problem is the electrics would come from the bt box outside, don’t know what you call it, and we obviously can’t get into it.  Should I contact BT and tell them about the light?