cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Why are my details in the latest BT phone book?

Hi, its come to my attention that my full details are in the latest phone book? It puts me and my son at risk due to DV and I want it removed asap. How can I do this as I phone the free phone line and there's no option. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Why are my details in the latest BT phone book?

@Sophielouise66 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, I have asked one to post here.

Message 3 of 6

Did you request that your details should not be in the phone book?

If not you can request to be ex directory.

See link

How do I sign up to ex-directory services? | BT Help

If they are contained in a hard copy of the directory, they obviously can not at this time be removed. They would be removed when the directory is next published.

Message 4 of 6

Hi @Sophielouise66,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

I am so sorry that your number seems to have appeared in the phone book. We will need to check your account to see if ex-directory is on it and if it isn't, we'll need to add it for you. If you requested this, it should be there. When we put you onto ex-directory listings it will prevent your name and number from being entered into future phone books. We can look into a potential change of telephone number for you if you wished too.

I'll send you a private message so my team can help. I'm a Moderator here and I work for BT as do all of my team.

Thank you

DanielS

Message 5 of 6

Hello, could you please send the same to me, my details have been included and I know for a fact I have never given permission, and have been ex-directory for years.
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Flibbert I'm really sorry about that, have there been any changes made to your BT package over the last 12 months? I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil