cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

changed from BT to EE on mobile and want to keep old number.

changed from BT to EE on mobile as requested by BT so have fitted my EE sim card and sent the PAC code. Do i have to now put my BT sim card back in phone?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: changed from BT to EE on mobile and want to keep old number.

Number porting usually takes place the next working day after the working day you provide the PAC.  So a PAC provided to EE over the weekend or today would be actioned tomorrow. You would normally keep the old SIM in place until it stops working, then swap to the new SIM. There may be a short period where neither work.

Although many current phones are dual SIM, so you can have both in.

Message 3 of 7

Many thanks for your help.
Why don`t they put this info in with the sim. Lots of pretty pics on the packaging, but minimal information.
Message 4 of 7

Many thanks for the info.

Message 5 of 7

Based upon my own experience  in late January  I would agree that the information  from EE needs to be better.  There was a lack of information  and  (EE) information  when provided tended to be not accurate as to the timing of the events or delivered the day   after the event had occurred.  The BT communications on the other hand were  appropriate clear and accurate.

Message 6 of 7

I moved for BT mobile to EE mobile recently and it was super simple , new sim arrived,  replaced the BT sim with the EE sim in the phone , the only requirement then , to effect the change , was to sent a text or make a call , minutes later the change was completed, original BT number working on the EE service.

Message 7 of 7

@Bob54 

Sounds like a call to EE is in order if they're operating a different process to usual for BT transfers.