cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

12 month vs 24 months contract

Hi everyone,

I'm moving into a rental property under a 12 month contract. However BT's (or anyone's) 12 months contracts are significantly higher than their 24 month contracts.

The terms and conditions state that I can cancel a service if 'you move home and we cannot provide a service at your new UK address'. The package I'm looking at is Full Fibre 500 (which is FTTH). T&Cs- https://www.bt.com/terms/post1stsep2020voiceandbroadband

The question is - will I be able to cancel the service without charge if I move home in 12 months but BT cannot provide the same package/a FTTH package in the new home? Or will they say they can provide a slower copper/ADSL or FTTC service and deny a charge-free cancellation? I certainly don't mind continuing if they can provide FTTH, but FTTC is too slow and I'd rather for a home 4G or 5G service.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: 12 month vs 24 months contract

If you move home and BT can still provide a broadband service even though not same as you had then you cannot cancel without cancellation charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings