cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 52

Re: 15 months and no internet or phone

Hi @Leebeemee,

@RobbieMac had been dealing with this for you. I know he was waiting on word back from an escalation team within Openreach. He is picking this up again for you tomorrow when he's in. We will do all we can to help you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 52

Still nothing.

Got cut off and they never rang back.

Whats next?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 52

Hi, @Leebeemee I'm sorry about that, I can see that @RobbieMac has been chasing the Openreach escalations team for an update on your order and he'll follow up with you as soon as he has more information from them.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 52

Anything updates?

Thanks. Lee.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 52

Hi @Leebeemee it's @RobbieMac 's day off. He'll be back in the office tomorrow and update you then.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 52

2 years waiting

In November it will be 2 years waiting for fibre and a phone to be installed.

(Very slow mini hub provided)

Its a long, long story of ever changing obstacles. Old pole, survey for different routes, neighbor gets her fibre and provides permission for mine at the same time, digging up road etc.... Nothing provided fruit. Just dead ends. 

It ultimately turns out (after 2 billion phone calls) to be no capacity in my area after years of messing about there was one spare fibre that my neighbor got months after waiting for mine. 

What are my options? Whats likely to happen next? What would you do? Do i have any options? Open reach are likely to do anything about more capacity? 

Ofcom? Local MP? Newspaper? Watchdog TV type show? 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 52

Should i go to ofcom????

2 years with no fibre or phone.

**bleep** mini hub only.

Made the 1 millionth phone call tonight to find out the latest zero update only to get cut off.

Im left with no option but ofcom, is that the best one to contact???? 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 52

Should i call ofcom????

2 years with no installation.

Is that a record????? 

I literally have no words to describe the last 2 year of backwards and forwards.

Do i call ofcom or that BBC watchdog program??

I have no more routes or options left.

Sorry for posting here but i dont care anymore 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 52

Re: Should i call ofcom????

No, once knew of a case where some people on a new cluster of houses were waiting 3 or more years.

Unfortunately Openreach needed to either put Poles up over a railway track or bore under it.

Said track was an extremely busy one that connected to Kings Cross so trains were pretty much constant.

Network Rail are notorious for dragging their heels when it comes to dealing with other Utilities.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 52

Re: Should i call ofcom????

Spoiler
Spoiler

My biggest problem was i had a line ready to be installed, open reach just didn't bother to look for it, they did for the neighbor, they got it after i had been waiting months, when i told them of that option they said theres no more capacity. 

0 Ratings