cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

3 failed orders

Good afternoon.

Is it possible to have a mod take a look over my account. I've had three failed orders to upgrade from GFast (FTTC) to full-fibre 500. Because BT staff can't place orders correctly over the phone. The last order was placed on November 27th and installation was supposed to be on 6th January. But upon receiving what I thought was a new BT router yesterday all BT sent out was a red wan cable with royal mail. So I phoned up yesterday to see what the hell is going on to be told once again the order wasn't placed right and was cancelled, and was meant to receive a callback today between 12/2 pm to place another full-fibre 500 order. But surprise surprise the phone call hasn't come so now I've come to the forum to seek help. As I'm losing my mind trying to get full-fibre.

Thanks Michael

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: 3 failed orders

Have you tried calling the FTTP team  08005874787 to find out what the problem is?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi @McGrath1982, sorry that your order has been cancelled 3 times already and you've not been contacted back to get a new order placed.

Hopefully the Full Fibre team as just running behind with the call-backs and you'll be contacted later today. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@McGrath1982 

If you already have a SH2 then red ethernet cable is all BT send as existing hub capable of FTTP and new hub not required

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

So SH2 I have already on FTTC works with full fibre?. I was told when placing the order I needed a new FTTP compatible SH2 as wasn’t told that at the time that all I needed was a red wan cable. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Getting hold of the FTTP team is hard always get through to normal CS in my experience.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

If they are busy it defaults to the "normal" CS. 

Just keep trying and you will get through.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@McGrath1982 wrote:

So SH2 I have already on FTTC works with full fibre?. I was told when placing the order I needed a new FTTP compatible SH2 as wasn’t told that at the time that all I needed was a red wan cable. 

A firmware update to SH2 made it possible to convert LAN 4  to a WAN port so it can be connected using the red ethernet cable to the ONT.  Any cat 5e ethernet cable is fine

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Just an update so an advisor informed me last night the reason I keep getting failed orders. Because I had another order failed within 2 hours of being placed yesterday is BT system doesn’t like the fact that I’m on GFast(FTTC) and upgrading to Full Fibre. So I now have an order in place but on a brand new account for the 6th February. My old account will be shut down a couple of days after I have Full Fibre installed at no charge to myself. Can’t believe it’s taken like 5 orders and 2 months to sort out, but finally it is hopefully 🤞🏻 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @McGrath1982, thanks for the update and fingers crossed this gets it resolved for you. Do keep us updated.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings