cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

3 orders created for new broadband connection - help!

Hi,

I am having a bit of a nightmare changing my broadband account over from my ex partner’s name  to mine, and currently now have 3 orders open as every time I call up I seem to end up with a new order open. the run down of the situation is:

Account 1: original account from 2021, which had a 2 year broadband contract on it. I changed the details on the online account to mine but kept getting letters in my ex’s name, phoned someone at BT and they told me it’s fine it’s all fixed into my name and I didn’t need to worry about that, so naturally I didn’t. I then last week tried to renew that broadband to get another fixed price deal and the confirmation email went to my ex. I phoned up BT and they made me a new order under the same email address and said that they would cancel account  1 when the end date arrived. 

Account 2: had a text to say the order had been cancelled and I could phone 03001234150 to find out more about the issue. They said that Account 2 hadnt been  set up as a line takeover so that’s why it happened and put me through to sales to create Account 3 which I registered under a new email address. This one charged me for delivery etc so I assumed this time I was set up as a new customer. then this evening I’ve just had an email and text about Account 2 which looks like that one has now been reordered?

I’m terrified I’m going to end up paying 3 direct debits this month and I really can’t afford it, I’m also not happy about the repeated credit checks on my file. Who can I contact to get this sorted? It’s really making me stressed. 

thank you!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: 3 orders created for new broadband connection - help!

Hi @leahj2208, sorry you're having such problems getting the account transferred into your name.

We'll be happy to look into this for you and see that all is corrected. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings