cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

5 attempts to upgrade and change old BT TV out of contract package to Now TV failed

I have been a loyal BT customer for more than 40 years. Since our BT TV contract finished in November 2021 I have made 5 attempts to upgrade only the TV package to Now TV. On the first 4 occasions I was told I also had to upgrade to Superfast/Fibre broadband and Digital telephones even though I explained we live in a Smart Home with all wired connections for telephones and internet use and limited wifi due to the construction of the house including metal beams. On each occasion after more than a 1 hour telephone call the orders have apparently been placed but then I get notification by email (sometimes to my current BT registered email and sometimes to my emergency email in my settings) they have failed. I started this process again this week to try to resolve. Total 8.5 hours spent on the phone. Now TV was set up by the operative with the wrong email so could not be activated - 2 days ago I was advised that they should cancel this and reinstate it yesterday. Again last night while in work I had a phone call where BT phoned me to try to make a new order. When you are placed on hold after around 7-10 minutes you revert to a new phone line, get the incoming calls message and then are allocated to a new adviser and have no way of recontacting the person dealing with your order. This has happened a total of 9 times since November and means I have had to start my explanations again. Operatives do not make notes so the next operative does not know what the problem has been previously so there is no learning. I now have another order for fibre which I have an email saying is cancelled as cannot be progressed by BT but they have now sent a new Hub and started a countdown for returning my current Hub otherwise I will be charged £50 which is still in use and is my only access to the internet.  How do I formally cancel the contracts as there are no details on the documents sent to my mobile phone and I need to do this within the 14 day cooling off period? Also how can I speak to someone to try to resolve this? I have used the 0800 number as above with no resolution. I am denied access to a supervisor. I have been told that my account is 'corrupted' at the BT end and I may have to be cancelled as a customer and given new landline. My broadband is also with BT so this and loss of landline number would be a disaster.  I am in despair. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Complaints procedure

What is the BT complaints procedure - no one will tell me. The site says if not resolved within 8 weeks one can take the case to the Ombudsman but this is not within my colling off period and I do not know whether BT cancelling orders counts as the order being formally canceled or if I will still be held liable. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Complaints procedure

Please wait for a reply from a moderator, this is just a customer to customer forum. A moderator has been alerted.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @PamBrown I'm really sorry to see there have been problems with your order and that your complaint wasn't elevated to a supervisor. We'll be happy to help you get a resolution and I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

I've also moved your other post onto the same thread as they're related and it's best to keep everything in the one place. See the following link for more details on our Complaints procedure.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks very much Neil. 

0 Ratings