cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

900 Mb internet CHEAPER than my current 500mb

Hi, my current BT bb is 500Mb and works great, but when I click 'upgrade' offers, I am told I can get 900Mb a month bb, for 14 a month less. This is confusing to me as it's almost twice as fast, and there are no other charges. Am I missing something? I mean is this like for the first month or something, then it goes up?

Could someone from BT help me determine what my AVERAGE monthly fee would be. Because if it is cheaper, I'd definitely upgrade. Or even if it's not too more expensive I might.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: 900 Mb internet CHEAPER than my current 500mb

@AntRWells  Have you checked your MyBT to see how long remains on your current 500 mb contract? Changing to that 900 mb effectively begins a new contracted period.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi, yeah it's until 2025, as I only upgraded to 500mb a month ago. So, if I did take the upgrade, I would be paying less for the duration of the new contract? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@AntRWells 

have you tried selecting the upgrade you see and then will it let you complete

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Yes I can get to the check-out stage, and it says my monthly fee would be 14 quid a month less than my current contract. I just want to be sure of the monthly price overall, not just the first month or similar? I don't understand why it would be cheaper, yet 2x as fast.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

the current offer online appears to be £44.99 without phone

you could try phoning Retentions 08007831401 and see what you can negotiate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings