cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

A Tale of Woe on Contract Renewal!

Go to solution

I'm a 75 year old pensioner on a fixed income and my BT renewal was Feb 9th, currently on FTTC, halo 3 with hybrid and repeater disks plus out of contract sims that have free BT sport. paying £71.53 a month, contract says I'll never pay more than a new customer.

A bit before Xmas the first renewal email arrives, to look at deals, looking to find a cheaper deal without hybrid and disks, I can't, account wont let me.

Keep trying until Xmas account always shows unable to show personalised deals, so phone in - yes will be fixed in a day or so, never is.

Fast forward several calls to 1st Feb, starting to panic on contract offers and January sales finishing, phone in to try and renew a cheaper deal without hybrid and disks. Agent cannot raise deal as account prevents them. Agent has bright idea trying to be helpful of telling the system I am moving house which should kickstart it. Deal raised on broadband with no hybrid and disks

Contract start date comes through as 14th Feb, looks good.

Feb 9th old contract expires.

Feb 12th bag arrives to send old kit back no mention of what BT want, just threat to charge me for failure to comply, problem is I am still using it! Oh dear worry gets worse!

Feb 13th phone in and am told this was the wrong thing to do, order for following day will be cancelled.

Feb 14th loads of texts regarding conversion of service still going through, but everything still working including hybrid. Phone in, cannot do anything open order, BT will phone back Feb 16th when closed.

Feb 16th calls back very early on mobile, not landline as requested, mobile turned off overnight for emergencies only, did not call on landline. Will call back early next day

Feb 17th, no call back, phoned in new contract agreed for fibre 2, no hybrid or disks, at a slightly reduced rate for inconvenience £27.99, simms HAVE to be moved to EE so lose free BT sport, added this to broadband @ £16 a month (ouch). At least I will be saving some money though less than I had hoped.

Renewal emails come through still with halo, disk and hybrid, plus BT sport now £87.53 a month and I'm trying to save money! Phoned in yet again, change requires manager's authority and intervention will be sorted overnight.

Feb 18th Guess what? no change still £87.53 a month. Phone in to cancel the lot as I've had enough and Vodafone offer the same deal I want for slightly less than BT, even though I don't really want to leave BT after 40 years. Also spot they have overcharged me for BT sport which should have been £10 on top of fibre 2 not £16.

The answer to the cancellation request after less than 24 hours? " yes sir that will be £360".

£360 to cancel something that BT have messed up and guess what? another anonynous returns bag has just arrived in the post.

I demand to talk to a manager, cannot and am put on hold for some time. The upshot being that I am told I will be called back on Feb 25th with regard to reverting everything to where I was. I just cannot see that happening.

Am I confident BT can revert me to a deal I am trying to end? - no. Is this causing me serious worry as I cannot afford £87 a month? or even £71 - yes.

Sorry for the rant. I just had to put two months of frustration and days on the phone somewhere for the record.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: A Tale of Woe on Contract Renewal!

Go to solution

I think you need some assistance to get this sorted out so have asked mods to help   they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Chris_Sav I'm so sorry there has been such a momentous mess-up with your contract renewal, it's really disappointing that you have not been able to get the help required to get the issues fixed. The moderation team will be happy to help you get a resolution and I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

The system has updated with my first monthly bill this morning £88.56, for a service I did not agree to.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@Chris_Sav 

did you respond the message from the forum Mods?  if so they will help you get your contract renewal sorted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Chris_Sav 

Thanks for posting again, I can see you've sent your details to us, and we will be in touch within the next day or two, we're quite a small team so I apologise for the time it will take to get back to you.

We'll fully investigate this for you and do our best to rectify it to a full resolution.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Many thanks, this was just a despairing update.

I have forwarded my details, though I now know one of my comments on BT Sport was incorrect as there are several options.

I look forward to hearing that this is moving forward and appreciate any help I can be given.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Chris_Sav 

Completely understandable given the details you've added today and thanks we will be in touch within the next couple of days and we'lldo our best to get this fully resolved for you going forward.

Cheers

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi,

Did someone try to ring me on my mobile just now please?

Could they please try again, preferably on my landline.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Chris_Sav

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry for the problems with your contract renewal.  I tried calling you back this morning and I left you a voicemail.  I have also replied directly to your private message.  Get back to me whenever you can with the best time to call and I'll give you a shout to go over everything and help get this all sorted out.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings