cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: ADSL switched off by BT in error

All I have is a note on my complaint file saying "Call scheduled for 14 Dec 2023".  No emails or texts since the very beginning when the original appointment was booked and the engineer turned up 6 hours late. The only way I find out anything is by going into the office so I can get an internet connection and check my complaint.  On a positive note, a man in a van turned up first thing this morning with the intention of laying the ducting for fibre, so something seems to be happening.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Just for completion … Openreach turned up for a 4th attempt to install FTTP. Totally different experience. Courteous, calm, discussed options. FTTP is now working. But we were about 6 weeks with no acceptable broadband and no phone because they had switched our broadband on the 1st visit.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

So Jamie from openreach has arrived, lovely fella.  Unfortunately the trunking from the box on the road to the access in front of my house is blocked, so he’s going to install what he can but I will have to wait for a major digging operation in the street.  Have updated my complaint to point out the stop sell policy on ADSL is not relevant to my situation as it’s simply their error.  They are the most useless bunch of clots I have ever encountered.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

And my latest bill has arrived.  My internet was cut off on Nov 29.  On December 16 I was credited £5.83 for “delayed provision”.  I think they are deliberately try8ng to wind me up at this point.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

When I pointed out to BT help line that I was being charged for no broadband and phone they told me that I’d get a refund. I have yet to take this up with them. I’ll keep you posted!

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

This gets more Kafkaesque by the day.  BT finally agreed to raise an expedited order for reinstatement of ADSL (after 3 weeks of me begging).  This should have happened this morning.  Still no service.  I phoned tech support, they spoke to openreach, openreach gave them a response but tech support could not relay that to me as they were not allowed to tell me what openreach said, only my executive complaint handler could do that...  I tried again on another number and eventually got through to an advisor who could see no order for ADSL on the system, but told me an appointment was booked for fibre installation tomorrow.  I had not been told of any such appointment, but I have agreed to a morning slot and I will see what happens.  I have called exec complaints and am awaiting a callback, but on their system the installation of ADSL shows as "complete".

In the meantime if I look at my fault tracker online, it shows a fault reported on the 29th Nov, an appointment booked and cancelled on the 29th, no mention of the engineer visit on the 30th.  And then it says "Fault fixed" on December 10th.  Dec 10th was a Sunday when I was called while at the shops to arrange installation and I informed the advisor FTTP had not been installed so a home installation was impossible.

0 Ratings