cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Accessing better EE BB deals while still in BT contract

I want to migrate BT services to EE and make some savings in the process. I've spoke to EE and BT and it's all getting pretty confusing who I speak to.

Still in contract on BB (TV now out of contract) and want to make some savings on switching. To access EE's current BB sale price, told I'll need to terminate current BT BB contract and take up a new service with EE (ETC about £54).

How am I best to approach - is it possible to just make a fresh new order with EE, and when they notify BT of taking over the line I'll get the bill and ETC? Or do I need to terminate contract with BT, pay the ETC, then order new service with EE?

Reason for this (aside from reducing monthly costs) is I'm told migrating to EE just now will result in a new 24 month contract, but only willing to offer that at my current price of £37 per month - that doesn't quite make sense, to lock into a higher price compared to new customers for another 24 months.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Accessing better EE BB deals while still in BT contract

I would counsel extreme caution about switching from BT to EE. There have been several postings on this forum about customers being cut off from all broadband services for a number of weeks when BT cut off their service and EE fails to provide a new service straight away.
Although BT and EE are both part of the same organisation, they don't appear to have any coordination between the two, and each blame the other when things go wrong.
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply. I managed to speak to someone at BT finally who had a clue about moving to EE, but going around the houses not getting straight answers was concerning enough.  Pretty unclear if or what the separation between BT and EE actually is (I know they’re part of the same group). 

Decided to leave it as would involve signing up to another 24 month contract, only at my current (inflated) price. Not worth doing that.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Message 5 of 5

Jeez, was worried I was doing something wrong but it actually is a mess. Thanks for the heads up!
0 Ratings