cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 36

New upgrade offer

I’ve just had an email to upgrade my tv and broadband package from BT to EE, offering 2 mini boxes at no extra cost, doesn’t give an option to upgrade online just a phone number. Is this a free offer on my existing contract or will I be recontracted at a higher price?

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36

Re: New upgrade offer

Totally new contract. I would proceed with caution as there is a chance you will lose your connection. Read some of the other post on this forum, and the EE forum first.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 36

I don't know how they call it an 'upgrade'.

It seems to me that you are still, practically, moving from one company to another.

Even the TV is not really common as they just renamed the BTTV for those who have it and created something with the same name and boxes for new people. They aren't administered the same for those with EE Broadband.

Richard

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 36

I have concluded that there is no point moving until forced to migrate. By that time perhaps they will be able to do it a bit more smoothly.

The salespeople are clearly incentivised to get people to take on EE contracts on renewal. 

Message 5 of 36

I suppose you could argue a few things are an upgrade over the current BT offering?

The Smart Hub Plus seems standard now even for FTTC and is WiFi 6,  multiroom is free and includes two boxes when it is £10 per month for one with BT, plus you have the Apple TV offering.

Depends on the value of these sort of things to you and yours I guess.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 36

Quite a few people on this forum have reported serious issues when they accepted a migration from BT to EE - like having no broadband service for several weeks, being charged to end their BT contract when they were assured this wouldn't happen, losing their long-held phone number.
I would leave migration to EE well alone until BT and EE sort out the migration process - which really shouldn't be difficult given that they are essentially the same company since they merged.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 36

@EHindes63 

If you are on an FTTC connection, then before you even consider moving, check the BT Broadband Availability Checker for your address, and make sure that the VDSL status is showing "Available" and not "Waiting List".

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If its showing "Waiting List", then you will lose your port in the cabinet if you move to EE, and your port will be given to another customer.

Moving to a different provider causes a cease first of all, which releases the port to anyone else. Then you will be stuck without a connection until another port becomes free, which could take a long time.

I am sure that the sales people do not realise this can happen.

There is also the issue of losing your phone number, as EE have a different number range.

Message 8 of 36

It'll be a new 24 month contract @EHindes63  but why not phone up and see what they can offer you?

I have my mobile with EE and decided to upgrade from an iPhone 13 Pro Max to an iPhone 15 Pro Max. I agreed to move my broadband, including DV, and TV from BT to EE during the upgrade process. I was on a good TV deal that had 6 months to go, but the net saving was £11 per month.

Also, there was no upfront cost with the phone, no shipping fee and my data allowance has gone from 100GB to unlimited.  I though that it was a good deal overall and my assumption was that by jumping rather than being pushed, I was more likely to get a better deal.

It all transferred over seamlessly, including DV, which does seem to have better dect range with the Smart Hub Plus.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 36

I tried the Broadband checker, however it gives 3 options first being telephone number which I don’t have the other 2 being access line ID and UPRN which I haven’t a clue about.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 36

@EHindes63 

Use the Address Checker option.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings