cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Accidentally removed digital voice on new order

Hi All

At the weekend I looked at our upgrades and saw we had an offer on the TV package for £6 a month and also £1 extra to get the 4g backup on our 900mbs broadband. So I went through and placed the order but a few minutes later we had an email saying we had selected to remove digital voice. I'm guessing I didn't select something or selected the wrong thing.

No problem we thought, give BT a ring. Turns out nothing can be done and we will have to ring on the 20th (day after order activates) to ask for digital voice back but we may not get the number we have used for over 20 years back.

Has anyone else been in this situation? I'd rather cancel the whole order than lose our number but it doesn't seem possible.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Accidentally removed digital voice on new order

Looking at the deal. Yeah you ordered a broadband only deal, which means your voice service would be terminated (See image below). You'll need to get the ordered canceled. Did they give a reason why the order can't be cancelled? The order may have gone through too many stages already that it can't be cancelled or if doing so may cancel all the services and the order having to manually be  recreated with the correct services

Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 12.24.27.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @ShaneC and welcome to our community.

My advice would be to let the order complete. Cancelling at this stage would over complicate things. Once your connected we can order the DV though you might lose the original number.

Thanks for raising this @jac_95 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your replies.

The reason they said the order could not be cancelled was because I had ordered a halo3, though I won't use it as as I have a Tenda mesh with 3 units that already work well, I just wanted the 4G backup. The order had kicked off a process which could not be reversed at that stage they said.

Part of the confusion is that I don't have a telephone line as such, as everything is serviced via the FTTP connection, so I didn't think that was relevant to myself.

Losing my number will be quite a big issue, it's registered at all the doctors/schools/work etc so will take a while to untangle. I'd rather cancel the order than lose the number 😞

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @ShaneC ,

Thanks for the reply. I can completely understand where you're coming from.  Your best bet would be to contact the FTTP team on 08005874787.

Cheers

David

Message 6 of 7

Just to update this thread in case anyone else has a similar issue.

I phoned up on Tuesday and because the order had shipped, they couldn't do anything, if I had phoned on Monday they said they may have been able to cancel my order. So I had to wait until my digital voice had been removed this morning to phone again.

First person apologised but wasn't able to change my account, second person just tried to sell me a new package with digital voice included for £30 more than I was paying already. So asked to cancel my order. Got through to someone else in the digital voice team who said no, digital voice is free on my package (pay as you go). They initially had issues getting my original number assigned to my digital voice order, then said it would not be applied until the 28th of October, no big worries for me, just wanted to keep my number. Then it seems they can't apply digital voice without having a 750 minute package on my account. So they've had to temporarily apply a package and will remove it once digital voice has been enabled. Fingers crossed.

So a heads up to BT really, I had to speak to about 5 different people, none of them could help resolve this simple problem there and then (final person had to call a supervisor) and it still won't be resolved for over a week. To me this is failure demand, a company like Amazon would have allowed this to be sorted with a few selections on their app.

I've plugged my new BT TV Pro box in, setup was straightforward and the box seems to work quite quickly. Only issue being I can only see AMC and the BT channels as I don't have an aerial. Looking through other posts it seems the Freeview channels will be applied sometime today before 23:59. It would have been useful to have been notified on the box my account wasn't yet live, just so I didn't have to go looking for the info. When it does go live, will I need to reset the box or perform a channel scan, or will they just appear like magic?

Cheers, Shane 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Just an update

TV Pro did not go live last night, no freeview channels.

Decided to give the chat a go rather than ringing. Turns out our TV is due to go live today on the 20th, despite the email that said the 19th, more failure demand BT.

On the plus side, the chat worked well and the agent was very friendly and quick to respond.

He did tell me that the channels will just appear, no need to reset the box or anything, so that's good.

0 Ratings