cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Account Activation

Go to solution

Hi, sorry to message like this, but couldn't get an adequate explanation yesterday. I ordered Full Fibre on 29th August, knowing that full fibre had been installed in a property I was moving into. I have received the router yesterday and the account has not been activated. I called to ask for the account to be activated, and the agent insisted I need an engineer to install, but I confirmed everything is already here, and installed and all I need is the account activating, they insisted that an engineer is the only person who can do this, this cannot happen until 20th September. I was told when I placed the order, Openreach couldn't see the modem, so an engineer was requested and this cannot be changed. The modem is connected but not activated, can someone explain, if Openreach had have seen the modem when I placed the order, would the account be activated remotely? If so, why can't this be done now?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Account Activation

Go to solution

try phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and have the serial number of the ONT to hand when calling

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@jplyall 

Look at the updates from BT Retail, what date have you been given for service activation?

You would normally be given updates from BT, either by text or email.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

They have said 20th September

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

What lights are showing on the optical modem?

Its quite possible that additional work need to be carried out on the local serving section.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

All three lights are showing, I have discussed with the FTTP team, who have explained there is a mismatch with the optical modem and the router, and he is sending a 4G out instead to get me connected until the engineer is available. A really helpful chap. 

This isn't resolved, but at least I have reasonable explanation. 

0 Ratings