cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Account Manager

Go to solution

I am trying to manage my 95 year old Grandmothers account for her who lives 250 miles away from me. Whilst I was with her we went through all the permissions over the phone, but I cannot access the account online. I have called several times and been told it should be sorted within 24 hours but I still cannot access the account online. I am unsure if it is getting stuck as I had my email account already registered for a previous account. Is there any way to get this sorted without me being there in person with her please?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Account Manager

Go to solution

You have to apply to be the account manager, the account holder is then notified and confirms.

There's more info at What's the difference between an Account holder and an Account manager in My BT? 

If you've already got a BT ID, please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to My BT >
  2. Click on Settings and Your account
  3. Scroll down and you’ll see if you’re an Account holder or Account manager
  4. To add an account, go to Multiple accounts then click Add an account and follow the steps. You'll need the BT account number of the account you'd like to manage online

If you haven't got a BT ID and want to become an Account manager on someone else's account:

1. You need an email address and the BT account number of the account you want to manage
  2. Follow these steps to Create a BT ID - make sure you select 'I do not want this to be the Primary BT ID for this account' when you sign up
  3. Once you're set up, the Account holder will see you as an Account manager on their accounts screen
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

thank you - we did this over the phone but it is not showing as approved. How will she get a notification if I request it again?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

If she is happy for you to be account manager, would it not be simpler for her to let you use her login details and have account holder access.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

I have tried that but as she does not have an email address or mobile it will not let me get any further!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

So she hasn't got an account holder BTID to start with, let alone be able to grant you account manager status.

Just create a Gmail address solely for the purpose and then use it to create an account holder BTID.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Do you think I just need to call to get the email address added to the account over the phone and then set up online? Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

You should be able to do it all online, just create a BTID with her account details and the Gmail address.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @SD1231, did you get the BTID set up ok?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

No its not sorted. It would not let me add an email address to the account online. Anything you can do to help would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings