cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Anyone else re-contact or upgrade in March to avoid price hike? Check your next bill estimate…

Go to solution

EAF1CCF5-DEBB-4ADC-A10B-27613F4534EF.png

Wondering if it’s just me or if everyone is in the same boat on this one.

I didn’t really want to bother the mods again, I figure if everyone had has this issue then it’ll probably get resolved.

However if it’s just me, I’m going to have to chase up yet another concern.

I upgraded on 1st March to 900Mb and went live on the 2nd March. The price was £44.99. Why is my next broadband bill estimate £50+?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Anyone else re-contact or upgrade in March to avoid price hike? Check your next bill estimate…

Go to solution

My next bill esitimate is spot on my new monthly charges - which are less than I was paying and getting the same package.

However on the day I agreed the deal the discount was not applied correctly and had to call back.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Re: Anyone else re-contact or upgrade in March to avoid price hike? Check your next bill estimate…

Go to solution
Thanks for taking a look. So it seems unlikely to be a wide issue then. Still interested hear from more people in the meantime.

@JohnC2 I know we were discussing my bills recently, I hate to bother you again so soon. Not sure whether to Pm you again or just tag you here, I guess here is probably better assuming you have a queue of other customers to get through.

It seems like my upcoming bills are going to need looking at. My Broadband bill is supposed to be locked at £44.99 for me upgrading in March. This doesn't seem to be the case, see screenshot in my original post.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Originally mine had shown the full price for my broadband package with no discount showing - that is now resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@besmirched 

I made a complaint about my contract renewing as I'd expected and it was explained to me that this renewal trick will only work if you're out of contract or within the re-contract period which is something like 4-6 months before your contract end date, which I wasn't.

Maybe that would explain it for you too.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

I was told several times that an agreed new deal in March would freeze the prices from the upcoming April rises - which it did.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution
We'll see, it's a bit frustrating to say the least. I've seen mods confirm it on here and when doing my upgrade on BT web chat, before I even had chance to ask they confirmed the price would be locked for this year. I'm pretty sure I have screenshots of that conversation too. So I'll chase it up if needs be.

Hopefully it may just resolve itself in due course.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Must admit I was dubious, but I was out of contract and renewed a couple of weeks ago for Halo3+ and Complete WiFi at the same price as I was paying. My estimated next bill is the same as the last bill. As an aside, I was surprised to see I am still being billed quarterly rather than monthly, I though all new contracts were monthly.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Hey @besmirched,

@JohnC2 will be in later this afternoon. He still has your complaint open so he can check in with you then.

To be safe, I've made sure that your price is showing as £44.99 for the broadband side of your package. Check the next bill estimate to see if it has changed or if it still shows the affected price. In any case, I have made sure that it's £44.99, not including your other packages of course.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 10 of 19

Go to solution
@DanielS, I have just taken a look and the Broadband package is now showing as £44.99 for the next bill. I'm satisfied that this is resolved, thank you.

This does naturally give me some concerns over the way BT automatically handles bills. I was already confused with my part month upgrade bill difference before, so situations like this don't exactly fill me with confidence that BT gets it right.

Greatly appreciate your help correcting this for me. Cheers. 🙂