cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Account canceled without my consent

I received an email from BT saying that I had chosen to leave the service and my Wi-Fi and landline services were to be stopped, and later that day they were. However, I did no such thing and have been happy with my BT service. I phoned customer service as I had no internet access, and my account could not be found. I was told by the person on the phone that I had moved to Vodafone, which I had not. I then had to sign up for a completely new account, as BT had somehow lost all of my details, even though I have been a customer for many years now. I could not simply get reconnected, and chose to sign up for a completely new account as I was offered no alternative, even though this would incur me costs. I was told a new router would be sent out, except I already have one. I do not know why my existing account could not have been simply reconnected. I now not only have to pay, for which I am expecting a refund, but will have no internet or landline phone until the 25th of this month, and was told that my landline number would change. This seems like a very long wait.
I would like your advice on:
- being more immediately reconnected
- refunding all the costs I have had to incur from signing up for a new account
- keeping my phone number
- keeping the discounts I had on my mobile phone, as that is with BT as well

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Account canceled without my consent

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Account canceled without my consent

Hi @emilyriddy,

I am sorry to see that someone placed an order to take over services at your address with another company. When this happens, we normally send you an email, a written letter and a text message, depending on what information we hold on your account for you. On that message, it will say "We're sorry to see you go" and mention to call us if you have any questions. We give a date that we need to be contacted by too.

- being more immediately reconnected - We will need to contact Openreach, our supplier, to see if anything can be done for you
- refunding all the costs I have had to incur from signing up for a new account - That's something that we can look into ourselves
- keeping my phone number - I should hopefully be able to reserve this for you providing it has been released again.
- keeping the discounts I had on my mobile phone, as that is with BT as well - This should mean you have our Halo package. We can sort that out for you.

I'm going to send you a private message with some details that I need before my team is able to pick this up with a few days. We will do everything we can to help you @emilyriddy 

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings