cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Account closed months ago but still showing on credit file.

Hi, 

My old BT account was formally closed back in October 2023, the services are now in another person's name at that old address.  My credit file still shows that BT phone/broadband utility at that address is in my name and active.  Can someone look into fixing this for me please as it looks like I have two broadband utilities on my credit file and I have no control over the BT one in terms of payments being made on time or possible future defaults if any occurred.

Thanks,

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Account closed months ago but still showing on credit file.

@Perfecto999 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@Perfecto999 

this is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

try phoning CS 03301234150  or billing  https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband  and they should be able to help

you cannot just transfer your account to someone else at your old address so did you notify BT that contract ending?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hello @Perfecto999 

Have you received the final bill?

BT cannot access or change your credit file especially frontline Advisors/Guides but every company files can take up to 3 months to update so in February this should be removed.

You can report and dispute anything on your credit file with the credit company itself who will investigate from their end.

please click HERE & HERE for more information.

also this is more of a credit referral/collections department then Billing Department enquiry but on this occasion this cannot be handled us the community on this forum or by BT frontline Employees this must be disputed with the credit agency themselves. You can do your notice of correction HERE or you can raise a dispute HERE.

Hope this helps! 🙂 If you like my reply and
want to say thanks for the helpful answer
then please click on the Kudos on left hand
side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I'll keep an eye on it and contact customer support if it's not resolved by end of Feb.

0 Ratings