cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Account not closing down

Despite cancelling my account in June it has failed time and again to close and we are still being billed monthly.

We have no BT equipment after returning as requested and receice no service from BT so no idea what they are charging us for?

Spoken to BT customer services at length in what is now a regular occurrence to try and resolve the issue but each months promises of fixing the problem are never delivered  (apparently the cease request is stuck in a system somewhere).

The stress this is causing is huge and the threat of 'unpaid' bills that should never have been issued is ridiculous as is the prospect of it affecting our credit score.

Could anybody here help as the phone agents can't?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Account not closing down

Hi @Hurst76.

Welcome to the community.

I can totally understand your concern and frustration at this, especially when you have been chasing the cancellation and returned the equipment.

We don't have access to the account here to see what is happening with the cancellation, and I can appreciate you've spoken with the team on several occasions but it would be best to speak to the team again. If needs be, you can raise a complaint with them.

You can see how to reach them on our Contact Us page. 

Michael

Message 3 of 3

Re: Account not closing down

@Hurst76  Be aware if you are no longer with BT note:

"Calls to 0330 1234 150 are free when calling from the BT network. Calls from other networks may be charged."