cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Account

Between myself and my husband we have placed 5 orders for BT TV and Fibre over the last week. The first time the next day I had an email to say it had been cancelled. I was told this could be due to using the email address to manage another family members account, I tried a different email and the same thing happened. I was then told it might be confused because of multiple accounts in my name, we then tried in my husbands name and the same thing happened. Someone then took the order over the phone manually, using my work email as it was clean and the others would not accept it. They then spoke to the back office who said it was due to Sky blocking the takeover and told me to speak to Sky and call back. I did this and put through a further order again using my work email. I have had no emails to my work email for the last two orders. I have had a text today to say the order date has changed. I still have had no emails so cannot see anything online. With my other emails I can see the accounts but it says no orders. Does anyone have any idea why this keeps happening and how I can check if it is going ahead or not please? Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Account

Hi @SD1231, welcome back and sorry you're having trouble getting your order for fibre broadband and TV processed. 
Are you currently with Sky?
If so have you placed any order with them recently to stop their service?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

We cancelled with them about a month ago.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @SD1231 

Has the service with Sky been switched off or is there an open order with them to cease service?

I'm just wondering if the open order with them to cease could be causing the issue here.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Sky said no problem as long as activation date was on or after 26th May. Tv stops on Monday. My husband works from home so really needs no gap in Internet.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @SD1231 

I fear the cease order placed by Sky could well be having an issue here. 

If no cease order on the line we can take it over a working line takeover with no problems. At the moment it sounds like the orders being placed are being placed as our system shows active service at the address (just not who with) so this allows an order to be placed to take it over, then the order goes to our suppliers who reject as they can see the cease on it.

Cancelling the cease order would be best then allowing it time to place another order to seamlessly take over the service which will have no break in service.

Hope I haven't butchered this explanation too much.

Stuart

0 Ratings