cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Activation Day - Still no internet

Go to solution

Hello,

BT should have activated my account yesterday and still no internet.

I've been calling today to find out what's going on with my order but after 20 I was cut off, since it was 9pm. I will have to call again and I think it will take a very long time to get connected.

No a great start failing on the connection after two weeks waiting to get connected.

Here my question... In you experience, is BT usually poor on keeping with their times?

I am wondering if it would be better to cancel my order if I am going to get into the wrong provider.

Your opinion would be welcome.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Activation Day - Still no internet

Go to solution

Cancelling and moving to another ISP using openreach will just put you further back in openreach queue than you are now

What broadband connection are you getting - FTTC fibre to street cab and copper to home or FTTP fibre to your home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I thought of moving to a provider that does not use Openreach, like Hyperoptic, which also provide in my area.

I signed for a full broadband package directly to my home.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, who may offer to help.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

You can message BT using the "message us" links on the help pages. That is usually effective.

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Problem solved.

My internet was activated but they did not finish the paperwork that will get me notified that the line is active. They will do that on the coming days. I am connected to Internet now, and for me, that is enough 🙂

The person that attended me on Customer Service was very helpful.

0 Ratings