cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Active FTTP broadband connection but FTTP no longer showing as available

I had FTTP broadband installed at home in March 2019 with an Openreach optical network terminator box and BT Fibre 1 broadband package (50Mbs). This summer as the end of my BT contract was approaching I wanted to change package, however, it seems something has gone wrong with the details BT store against my address and FTTP is no longer available, despite there currently being an active Openreach FTTP connection and broadband being supplied by BT.

I raised this with the BT sales team who said they'd arrange for it to be fixed it and get back to me, I never hear back, I tried to raise it as a fault but couldn't figure out how, so eventually raised it as a complaint in the middle of August. BT complaints team acknowledged the problem and said they'd get in contact with Openreach to fix it but so far there has been little sign of progress. The last I heard was on 18th October when I was told the "issue is still with our technical team to be fixed".

Does anyone know if it there is anything that can be done to move this forward? Things seem to have stalled somewhere between BT and Openreach at the moment!

The result from https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/ for my address is copied below. 

Thanks.

BroadbandChecker.png

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Active FTTP broadband connection but FTTP no longer showing as available

did you try your phone number instead of your address in dslchecker?

try phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you.  if they are busy and you get diverted to CS then hang up and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. I've not been able to get through to the FTTP Team so far. The dslchecker results using my telephone number are similar to the address results but with a "Premise Environment" section.

BroadbandCheckerByTelephoneNumber.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Are you certain you have an active FTTP connection? I thought BT Fibre 1 was FTTC.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Absolutely certain there's an active FTTP connection. I was there when Openreach installed the new cabling and optical network terminal box. That's what my router is currently connected to. The existing FTTP setup is working fine, I just can't change package at the moment due to this problem.

0 Ratings