cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Address not eligible

After moving into a new build on a street with existing properties, I requested BT to install Fibre into my property. 

I was sold a package on 17th May and advised of an install date for 7th June. Engineer then attended and stated that he was there for a reactivation, not new line, and that it would only be copper. 

I was then informed by BT that my property can not receive FTTP, even though my next door neighbour and the property across the road get FTTP at 900mb from the same pole that they were going to wire my copper from!!!

numerous phone calls later, I found it myself that my door number is not registered on OpenReach. That was the sole reason that the address checking on OpenReach stated that FTTP was not available. 

I currently have a case escalated through OpenReach and praying they can rectify. 

what a horrible journey with BT so far!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Address not eligible

FTTP is planned and built to the existing addresses, yours will need to be added on once your address has a gold key.
Did the builder register the property with Openreach when they registered the other utilities or wait on you moving in?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Tony.

I have since read similar posts and understand the Gold key saga.

I managed to escalate through OR and they have advised that there was an error on their database regarding my address which should be rectified within a week.

BT CS have been disastrous and it’s all fallen on me sort out!

My address has been registered with PAF and has had a URPN for over 6 weeks, I believe like you said, it’s just the Gold Key hopefully to sort.

does a week timeframe seem reasonable to rectify?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

On another note, OR email to me had a top line stating ‘NAD association’.

I googled that and got brought to this forum!

0 Ratings