cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Part of my address with BT does not exist and so far it has not been corrected!

The second line of the address that BT uses for my address simply does not exist and even though several BT staff have tried to correct it, it has still not been corrected.  

I have gone through the address change myself several times, using the postcode search option to select the correct address and each time I have done so, I have then had an onscreen message that states

‘Thank you.

You’ve successfully changed your billing address.  Your changes will show on your account within 15 minutes.

We will send your billing correspondence and paper bills to the following address.

Billing address’

My full correct address is then clearly shown.

I have taken web-snap of this and have even recorded the change and have kept recording while waiting for over 15 minutes but . . . Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh, it has not been changed!

Will someone P-L-E-A-S-E solve this problem and get the address corrected.

Thank you (in anticipation).

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Part of my address with BT does not exist and so far it has not been corrected!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Re: Part of my address with BT does not exist and so far it has not been corrected!

Thank you so much.  I have been trying to get this corrected for weeks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Billing addresses and installation addresses often are different , especially with business , it’s often the case that the billing address is the ‘head office’ of the business not  the individual address where the installation of service is ,

Residential now is mainly online billing ( email , Direct debit etc )  most residential accounts don’t even have a bill sent out in the post , so if the billing address is inaccurate it’s not really an issue , so what problem is this billing address issue actually causing ? , if the installation address is wrong that’s a different matter .

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Hi @TNodrog and thanks for posting.

Sorry there are problems with your address. Can you just confirm if the details match on the Royal Mail website?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Hello David,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Thank you for your message.

I have just checked and the address on Royal Mail’s postcode finder is the full correct address 😃

The BT one has a non-existent building and is missing two parts.

G

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Thank for checking that @TNodrog 

I'll take a look at this for you. Check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

There is only one address and it is incorrect in several ways.  One part of the address simply does not exist!  I have tried to get this corrected multiple times.

So yes it definitely does matter.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

A moderator should sort this out, provided you replied to the private message that was sent by DavidM.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

I replied as requested on the 22nd and hope that someone can finally sort this out. 🤞🏻

0 Ratings