cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Advise on where to escalate complaint

Go to solution

Hey,

Is there a specific number in order to get in touch with someone to make a formal complaint? Or is there a certain key code I need to press outside the ones listed when calling? I've tried  0330 1234 150 and other numbers I've found online however; each one seems to link to the default index of (1 for broadband, etc etc)

I have a complaint about the following:

Context, we're moving house and are unsure if we're going to have to rent temporarily or live at parents in between our house move.

• (10/01/24)
    • Contacted BT for cancellation of our broadband service (for 2nd April).
  • (27/03/24)
    • Contacted BT again to delay cancellation until May 24, confirmation received and confirmed by agent.
  • (10/04/24) 
    • Unexpected termination of service.
    • Informed by representative that despite confirmed cancellation to May, the cancellation hadn't been updated, despite being on our account record.
    • Representative apologised and promised that a hub would be sent to keep us online until the proposed cancellation date. No charge, and I neither provided payment details or permission to be charged.
  • (11/04/24) 
    • Nothing shows on our account about a hub being sent to us, apart from a "--EE--" Delivery from DPD.
    • We receive two EE sim cards, with no context to what they are for? neither of us are on EE so I phone BT to ask what is up. (I gave up after 40 minutes of being on hold) 
  • (12/04/24)
    • 30 minute phone call with representative as to why we have received sim cards: 
      • Representative apologised and was unsure why we received sim cards, asked if we was on EE mobile.
      • They said "we'll resend you a hub to keep you online for the month until you move" again this was confirmed by the representative to be free.
      • Pay £9 to get a hub delivered next day (will be credited apparently?)
      • Agent advises us to phone EE with a BAN number in order to cancel the EE sim cards so I don't get charged for them.
    • 15 minute phone call with EE
      • Cancel sim cards
    • I've still not received any confirmation that I'll be receiving a hub tomorrow in time for next week.

Me and my partner work from home several days a week so it's been very disruptive, we were hoping the issue would have been sorted by receiving a hub, but this isn't the case (we've both had to take holiday today as we're unable to work)

Any help is appreciated, and this is my last call before writing to the offices in Sheffield. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Advise on where to escalate complaint

Go to solution

@Angel001 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

I will see if a moderator can help. They are very busy, but they usually sort things out.

One of them should post here.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Angel001, sorry your services have been disconnected earlier than you wanted. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team if you need our help. We are very busy at the moment so it will be a few days before we can get to your case.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Cheers, my intent wasn't to ask for support here, I just wanted information on how I can contact a complaints number at BT.

I phoned up again this evening and I apparently can't make a complaint as I no longer have an active BT account number. And now my problem is an EE problem (of which I never signed up for, gave permission for an account to be setup etc)

Looks like I'll have to contact to contact the communications ombudsman / citizens advice instead and cancel the direct debits that were made without my permission.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I would suggest that you contact the moderators. They are BT staff and will deal with your complaint from start to conclusion.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

A moderator has contacted me about this thank you, just keeping this as a running log of the poor service I’ve had.

Phoned EE today about a hub that arrived, at this point all i’d received from EE is a direct debit notice so I didn’t have an account number, fortunately the agent was really useful and identified the 2 accounts BT had set up on EE.

Instead of it being a complimentary hub as an apology for early cancellation EE let me know I’ve been registered for the following:

£39 - mobile phone contract

£19.99 - EE Wi-Fi Hub month contract

At no point during communication with BT was  I told that I’d be registered for a contract with EE. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

If you have contacted the moderators regarding the problem you would be best to leave it to them to deal with rather than contacting BT or EE's Customer Service.

It could lead to complications if more than one person/department are attempting to deal with it. ie too many cooks spoil the broth.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Phoned BT this afternoon and got onto someone who helped.

Verified that all my orders at EE have been cancelled (pending return of the hub) and issued an apology / put in some credit of gratitude for the problems caused.

No more action needed 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I will advise the moderators.

0 Ratings