cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Am I missing something? Being charged a lot more than the website suggests.

I was checking my bill as I have been lazy and not checked it for quite some time and found that I'm being charged just over £78 per month for Fibre 250 with complete wi-fi.

I checked the BT website and they show Fibre 250 with complete wi-fi as being just under £60 per month. I've been on to the Twitter team who said they couldn't find that price on the website, so I posted them a screenshot as requested and they said they would get back to me. But I haven't heard a thing since. 

Being charged almost £20 a month more than the website suggests the cost should be, is pretty shocking in all honesty. I just can't help thinking that I've missed something though? On my bill all my other bits and pieces are charged separately so I know it's nothing to do with that. 

Can anyone shed any light? Thanks. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Am I missing something? Being charged a lot more than the website suggests.

if you check in MYBT at past bills you will see a large increase in cost end march/april with CPI+3.9% . are you still in fixed term contract?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

I need to check back through my emails, but I believe around that time I received a message encouraging me to renew my contract to keep making savings, which I did. But despite you saying there was a big increase, the website does show a much lower price. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

there are always offers on and some may be better than you currently have and others not so good.  no point in a fixed contract with agreed price which allows you to change your contract price everytime there is a better offer.  many of the offers now are broadband only with no home phone so need to make sure you are comparing like with like

you can try retentions and see if they will give better deal  08007831401

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 12

Once you've established what services you have, it's worth referring back to the BT price list.  A few companies have come a cropper over adding CPI + 3.9% to custom rates while not fully implementing them on standard rates, but I'm not aware of BT ever having made that mistake.  There is probably a reason for this, all you've got to do is find it!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 6 of 12

Well, the Twitter team have just replied but I'm as confused as ever. They said the price for Fibre 250 with complete wi-fi and Halo 3 is £85.99 and that the screenshot I sent them isn't comparable with the package I have. But the screenshot clearly shows Fibre 250 for £47.99 before adding complete wi-fi (£10) and Halo 3.

According to BT's website, Fibre 500 is £85.99. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

the probability of renegotiating your contract which only started this year for the same package is unlikely as you have found when contacting Twitter team.  you may find you can negotiate an upgrade and get that for same or similar cost you currently pay    try retentions team and see what they will offer if anything

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Am I going daft or is this BT page showing Fibre 250 at well below the price they claim?
BT prices.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Have you checked MYBT to see what you actually negotiated/agreed when you started your current contract.  I can't see why BT will renegotiate your existing contract and the price you posted does not include any extras

as I said you are more likely to make progress with a package upgrade  and for similar price

Message 10 of 12

You have to use the price list that I posted earlier in the conversation as the baseline.  Anything below that figure will be a special offer or an individualised offer both of which may be subject to conditions.

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!