cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 33

Re: Complete dissatisfaction with BT! Disgusted

Hi @Kirkholm,

Welcome to the Community.

I am so sorry read about your experience. There seems to have been a lot happening, a lot of failed orders and multiple accounts. I'm sorry that you had to go through that.

I really hope that your services are all installed tomorrow. If you need any help, please reply back to my private message and we'll get in touch with you. 

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 33

Well the day has come and nothing has happened..... no phone and no internet even though I had email and text from BT telling me that all was well and going live. Got a text later to say they were going to call me tomorrow evening ...... just hopeless. 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 33

@Kirkholm 

Have you replied to the forum mods who have offered assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 33

I have indeed replied, and they said that they would look into it. I have just for two emails saying ' thank you from Bt and that my case is closed' I really am lost for words. I think you must agree this is a rather extreme situation. 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 33

Total horror for you sorry it's not been resolved.

Something's obviously failing at the final stage.

You say you only have BT do you mean literally? Are there no other suppliers in your area? Check https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

My niece had a similar horror story years ago getting a line installed and I simply ordered from 2 separate suppliers and eventually BT (as it was then) installed it for a different supplier and the other order (a new separate line) was cancelled.

If you can order from someone else it may sound like a nuclear option but it may get you a different set of results (obviously OpenReach would still do the work depending on where you live). Even if you get a positive sound from BT today I would still go ahead and install a separate new line from another supplier (you have at least 14 days to cancel).

Hopefully a Moderator can comment early today so you can move things forward ASAP.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 33

Re: At my wits end! Two months without broadband! Super incompetence.

You say you already had a landline, just for clarity, this was a working land line , and BT were the company you were using ?, if so, post the full return from ( obscure your phone number first )
https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL
If you phone line was working and now isn’t , perhaps the broadband order is coincidental and your line has a fault , obviously a line fault affecting ‘dial tone’ will in many cases affect broadband, but even if the ‘broadband’ has somehow stopped your phone working , you can still report the phone as not working.
What type of broadband are you getting ?, there are examples on very long lines from the ‘cabinet’ where fibre to the cabinet broadband performance is worse than exchange based ADSL, the full DSL checker results should confirm one way or another, it could be FTTC simply won’t work at the distance you are from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 33

Thank you for all your ideas. Unfortunately being in such a remote location means BT is my only option. They have called me twice today and people are on to it, so hopefully this time I shall get somewhere. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 33

Re: At my wits end! Two months without broadband! Super incompetence.

Hello and thank you for you're reply. It was a working BT landline and we only have BT here in this rather remote location for broadband and telephone. ( my hear neighbours have it) As I mentioned I now have two executive customer resolution teams on the case and this time round it looks like it may be finally resolved. Thank you for your advice. 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 33

another two weeks passs

just an update to all who may be interested. despite being assigned to the Executive Customer resolutions team, I am still without a connection. I have a very helpful lady who calls me back regularly and is doing all she can to speed up the process but I am still not connected after nearly three months now. After the letter from BT with a review of my complaint I have taken this to the ombudsman which I should have done ages ago. This in itself takes time so more waiting. I have received a small dongle from BT to allow me to connect via 4G, but this only works in the upstairs window.....so here I am cramped in and writing! This really is never-ending. I have a start up date for next monday...but I have heard this so many times. They have called and repeated my order and I am automatically (despite my protestations) going to receive another modem.....the fifth one they have sent and  I will have to return ( round trip of 60 miles) 

I just seem to have fallen into a blank void and no one will listen or explain after three months.......the fault does seem to be with the unreachable openreach.....l

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 33

Re: another two weeks passs

Although the nightmare continues it does look like BT are doing something.

You do seem patient but I think -as I mentioned originally- I would have ordered a brand new line and broadband service from another supplier.

There's no reason to wait that I can see.

0 Ratings