cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Account still debiting after closure

Hello I am writing this  post on behalf of my father David.

My father completed the sale of his house on 29 September 2022. He was notified by BT (in an email 13 September 2022) that his phone line was cancelled on the 30 September 2022 and that he was due to receive a final bill within seven days. Subsequently he paid $25.43 on the 22 September 2022 and again on the 24 October 2022. Therefore, following these payments I would expect his account to have been settled on the 22 September 2022.

However, he has only subsequently been notified that his account has only been closed on the 22 December 2022. Therefore, he have received his last bill on the 28 December 2022 for £40.32 despite not being at the residence. 

My father is 82 years of age and has recently been widowed in the last 10 months and this has caused additional stress that he does not need.

Therefore, we request that his BT account is closed with immediate effect with all future debits cancelled. We also request that he is refunded for incurred costs that his has billed for subsequent to 22 September.

Please note I am prepared to contact the communications ombudsman. If this is not resolved.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Account still debiting after closure

Hi, @danielbedwell welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see there have been billing issues after your dad cancelled his BT service. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil