cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Account

Go to solution

I left BT 7 weeks ago for a new provider and I see I can still log in to the BT account. 

Account was in dads name but my log in as dad did not do emails and stuff

I get that the account stays open so you could return my smart hub and see that BT had got the kit back and use the basic BT email service but I dont use BT email.

Dad sadly passed away almost a week ago.

So how do I go about now closing the BT account in his name.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Account

Go to solution
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I phoned BT customer service told them

dad died a few weeks ago and they said sorry for your loss looking in the account and said  account looks closed and  then they come back and said they don’t see my dads name on the account and there was two account one in my name and one account closed.

She asked if I had already change name in account to mine I told her no I have moved providers.

I did tell them dads name still shows up under the account number on my BT website after I log in. Woman on phone said she would need to as a supervisor to look in to getting dads name off the account but I still waiting. Just want the account and my BT I’d/email fully closed and dads name taken off.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @ney

Welcome back to the community,

I understand your Dad passed away recently.  I am very sorry for your loss.

We'll be able to help you sort this all out from here.  I can imagine how tough things are at the moment and I want to make sure this is sorted as smoothly as possible.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@RobbieMac Thanks for your reply have sent you the private message you asked for.

0 Ratings